Ristin's Campaign Construction Center
The core concept was to provide a physical corollary to class divide. The geology, ecology and meteorology of the planet combined to do so. As the planet was divided into highlands, midlands and lowlands so the society was divided into upper, middle and lower class. Different plateau-continents handled this divide in different ways leading to different manifestations of the underlying class tension of the society.
Formerly the nobility ruled, though individual non-nobles could aspire to parliament. Meanwhile powerful corporations dominated economically, though individuals could aspire to power and fortune within. Mining had been limited to small operations in the midlands which were easy to access but quick to play-out. As a result, on one plateau-continent people began mining exploration in the lowlands (the inhospitable expanses between plateau-continents). By the time the true import of this was realized, a near-monopoly had been created with the bulk of the planet’s mineral wealth coming to the lowlands settlement of Argyre and any other such massed mining exploration of the lowlands being years behind in infrastructure, establishment, and centralization.
This was one of the themes of the campaign Operation Raven though the military protagonists of the campaign were witness to said events and upheavals rather than seeking personal fortune and glory.
- Original Strata, the core concept.
- Core Strata, a generic version of Strata (following the political and naming structures of Battletech Strata).
- Albedo Strata, the planet adapted to the Albedo setting.
- Battletech Strata, the planet adapted to the Battletech setting (specifically Mechwarrior 2 and Mechwarrior 4). With some modifications this could be close to a generic Earth Origin sci-fi hum,an colony world.
- Fantasy Strata, the planet adapted to a generic fantasy setting.
- W40k Strata, a variant of Strata adapted to the Warhammer 40k setting and to the RPG games set therein.
- Shadowrun Strata. Strata adapted to suit Shadowrun (and vice versa)
- The Fog, its effects and possible origins.
- Indigenous Life including the Twilight plant.
- Possible Previous Civilizations.
- The Oceans, which may or may not exist.